Do I have to give a 30 day notice?

Yes a 30 day notice is required and should be received by Cascadia in a written notice. For Example, if you plan to move out on September 15th, we must receive your written notice on or before October 15th. A 30 day notice is required even if you are moving out at the end of your lease.

Who pays utilities?

Although each has different requirements for utilities, generally, tenants are responsible for power, water, gas and trash.

Do you accept pets?

Pets are approved on a case by case basis and must be included in the rental application.

How do I add a roommate?

Any additional occupants that are 18 years and older, must submit an application and application fee to be approved. Cascadia Management does this for your safety. We will conduct a full tenant screening. Neither you or us want you to inadvertently choose a roommate that may harm you or the property and can pay their rent. If the results of the screening are acceptable, we can email you the documentation that needs signed or we can schedule a time for all of you to come in and sign the authorizing paperwork. A fee to add or change roommates may apply.

When do I get my deposit back?

Per the rental agreement, your deposit will be refunded less any cleaning and damages, within 30 days of the time you vacated the property.

How much is the application fee?

Cascadia Management has an application fee of $40 per adult occupying the property. Any co-signers who apply are also required to pay the $40 application fee.  Once we take payment to use towards the fee of our 3rd party screening company, the application fee is non-refundable.

How much is the pet fee?

Cascadia Management has a non-refundable pet fee.

How do I take someone off the lease?

Any changes to the rental contract must be in writing. If you have someone who has moved out, it might be in your best interest to keep that person on the lease, as that tenant remains as responsible for the rent payments as you are. However, if a tenant has moved out or is in the process of moving out, we simply need something in writing from both the departing tenant and the remaining tenants requesting the change. If the remaining tenants qualify on their own, we will gladly make the change. If they don’t, the remaining tenants may pay a higher deposit or keep the vacating tenant on the lease until it terminates. Cascadia Management can email you the paperwork or you can schedule a time to come into the office to sign the new documents. Please contact us atmanager@mycascadia.com for these requests.

Can I use my security deposit as the last month’s rent?

No, we’re sorry, but the security deposit is to cover any cleaning or damages to the property and cannot be used for other reasons.

Who pays HOA fees?

The property owner pays the Home Owner’s Association dues. However, it is very common for the Home Owner’s Association to send statements and other important notices to the rental address. If you receive such notices, please forward them to our office immediately.

How many keys do I get?

Cascadia Management will supply one key per adult, unless all adults don’t want one. If the tenant wants to make their own copies for others, they can do so at their own expense. However, we do require all keys to be surrendered should you decide to move out.


Report a maintenance issue or send us a message with

[contact-form-7 id=”1505″ title=”Tenants”]